2. Ranch House
Among Detached Single Family Homes, there is a Ranch House.
Ranch house refers to a house in which the common living space and bedrooms of the house are all located on the same floor. In most cases, it consists of the first floor or the first floor and the basement. The composition of the interior of the house is similar to 2-story. It consists of 3 to 5 rooms, 2 to 3 bathrooms, living room, family room, dining room, kitchen, laundry and garage.
Most of the existing ranch houses are smaller than 2-story, Since it is a structure in which the above components are arranged on one floor,
there are some large houses that are over 3000sq ft. Also, sometimes the attic is converted and used as another living space, but it depends on the height of the attic.
- Since it is stretched on one floor, it gives a better sense of openness than other house structures. It's called open concept.
- For the same reason, it is easy to build on to the house, change the use of the space of the house, or change the layout. It can be remodeled by relocating all the parts except for the column and bearing wall that bears the load of the house.
- Less going up and down stairs, easier to clean and maintain.
- Some families with children prefer this type of house because it is easy to raise young children.
- And, these days, the value of the investment has increased significantly. As you know, boomers now make up the highest proportion of the population of any age group in the United States. Boomers were born between 1944 and 1964, so they're old enough to have bad knees. Those who used to live in 2-stories started to search for Ranch houses. Since demand increased and supply was limited, the price went up.
- A larger lot is required to build a house with the same indoor space size (same sq ft).
- Since all living spaces are on the first floor, it is easy to see what people in the house are doing from outside the house. It can be said that there is no privacy, and it is easy to be exposed to accidents.
- As it is a structure in which all components are laid out on one floor, the foundation and roof, which account for a large part of the construction cost, cost 1.5 to 2 times more than other types of houses. Therefore, the construction cost is much higher than other types of houses.